Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I DRANK BEER AT AGE 4,STOLE POT AT AGE 8" REVEALS COURTNEY COX ESTRANGED HUBBY,DAVID ARQUETE

Courtney cox estrange hubby David Arquette had been an alcoholic over time,this subsequently caused series of problems in his matrimonial home.He drank beer at age 4, stole pot at 8 Actor tells Oprah about his long battle with booze and what finally led him to rehab.Sober since December 29, the 39-year-old Scream 4 actor opens up to Oprah Winfrey during a Thursday(today) appearance on her daytime talk show."When I had my first drink of beer, I must have been four-years-old," he tells Winfrey, 57. "I was down in the basement with my dad and beer was there and I just grabbed it and drank it. And I remember that. It's one of my earliest memories." That's not all. "I seriously started drinking probably when I was about 12," Arquette reveals. "I stole pot from my father when I was eight years old."According to the actor, he voluntarily checked into rehab on January 2 at the insistence of his sister, Patricia Arquette, and his estranged wife, Courteney Cox (with whom he shares a six-year-old daughter, Coco). "I came back from Miami and I had taken a nap. I woke up and Patricia and Courtney were at my bed," he recalls. "Courteney had a cup of coffee. I was like, 'What are you two doing here together?' I already knew." "Courteney's like, 'Do you mind coming out to the living room for a minute?' I said, 'Sure, let me get dressed.' I put on this white outfit and came out. I peeked my head out [I saw] and my best friend Hartwell and my business partner and some guy I don't know. I go 'What up, Turkeys? I guess this is my intervention!'" Since seeking treatment, according to a close family friend Arquette and Cox, 46, "are still great friends and getting along really well."Isn't it just great to know that some celebrities are actually making efforts to drop their addictions----and suceed at it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment